Sunday, October 19, 2008

'Cross Week 3... DNF for me...

Well, this week's race ended rather abruptly for me... On the first lap I tried to clear a log, upon landing my handlebars decided that they were through. They snapped in half and sent me tumbling to terra firma 'ass over tea kettle.' ...bruising my arm, my ego, and inciting a four letter word and impromptu 'bike toss.' And that was that... For a split second I thought about trying to ride it, but I thought better of that and carried the Wazoo back to the car. It's really too bad, I was mid-field and developing into a nice rythm, the course was flat and fast (really my kind of course...). Oh well, it could've been a whole lot worse, if I were to have been on pavement or travelling faster (the log was just after a barrier that required a dismount and run so I had just re-mounted) I could've been more seriously injured... Good thing I have a load of spare parts in the garage!!! No pics for this week, ended too quickly for Kath to get off a shot... Stay tuned for next week, Fort Buenaventura State Park. BK

No comments: