
Well, it was a really busy weekend! Kath had "Harvest Market" at Sundance Resort (Robbie's place...), her sister and her baby are staying with us, and I had my first cyclocross race. First off, Harvest Market.... Kathryn makes silver jewelry in her "spare" time www.ktksilver.etsy.com and she was invited to sell her wares at Sundance's Harvest Market. It rained cats and dogs all weekend but she did okay despite the weather...On Saturday I headed down to happy valley (Utah County; land of BYU, Sundance, the Osmonds, and the 100 yard stare... YIKES!) got Kath set up and headed up to Draper for my race... All I can say is that cycocross is INTENSE! 45 minutes of absolute misery... I'll be back next week though...
Summary of my experience for the first week: I bruised and scraped my leg and have no idea how, spent the middle part of the race concocting an exit stradegy (flat tire???) and realizing that the least of my worries was how much horse shit I had in my mouth (the race was at an equestrian park)... The last thing I remember was the race announcer saying "2 more laps".... At that point I could hear only my heart beat and breathing, it was like I was wearing blinders and my brain shut off all activity that was not related to driving the pedals... I came to near the finish where I diced it out and moved up a couple of positions in my class... Next week the wife and junior will be there to take proper photos and ring the cowbell for me... Stay tuned. BK
No comments:
Post a Comment