Saturday, December 13, 2008

Puking and Nuking...

I may be becoming an old salty grouch but I just can't get with this new ski lingo... "Puking" is when the snow is coming down pretty hard, a storm that is steady and socked-in... While "Nuking" is when Ullr (Norsk god of snow) has unleashed his legions upon us earth-bound mortals, resulting in a canyon-closing, avalanche inducing, storm to end all storms... I really can understand the need for the specific differentiation of percipitation... Hell, some Native Inuits are said to have over a hundred different words for snow... So, this is nothing new... BUT, how about a little class? I propose that instead of "puking" we use the word "vomiting" and instead of "nuking" we shall forever more use the word "WMD-ing" in order to avoid offending the upper-crust (of which I hold the dubious honor of beloning).

There now, isn't that better?

Well, okay... Now that I have gotten that out of my system I need to get my skis ready for tomorrow's snow... It is just NUKING in the canyon right now!!!

-Bill

No comments: